3-Glycidoxypropyl triethoxysilane, CAS No. 2602-34-8. KBE-403 is an epoxy functionalized silane and an effective adhesion promoter for a large range of organic surfaces.
- Ethoxy functionalized: Reacts with inorganic substrate more slowly than methoxy group containing silanes.
- Epoxy functionalized organic group: With an epoxide group, KBE-403 is compatible with most thermoplastic and thermoset resins, along with many elastomer and rubber products.
- Improve inorganic/organic substrate adhesion
- Improve mechanical strength of composite materials
- Inorganic surface modification (Epoxide functional group)
- Can be used to treat a wide variety of organic substrates.
UN Hazard Classification
3-Glycidoxypropyl triethoxysilane, 2602-34-8
Product type (taxonomy term)
Epoxy Silane Coupling Agent
Note: Values are not for specification purposes.
Warranty- The information and data contained herein are believed to be accurate and reliable; however it is the user's responsibility to determine suitability of use.
Since Shin-Etsu Silicones, Inc. cannot know all of the uses to which its products may be put or the conditions of use, it makes no warranties concerning the fitness or suitability of its products for a particular use or purpose. You should thoroughly test any proposed use of our products and independently conclude satisfactory performance in your application. Likewise, if the manner in which our products are used requires governmental approval or clearance, you must obtain it. Shin-Etsu Silicones, Inc. warrants only that its products will meet its specifications. There is no warranty of merchantability of fitness of use, nor any other expressed or implied warranties. The user's exclusive remedy and Shin-Etsu Silicones, Inc.'s sole liability is limited to refund of the price or replacement of any product shown to be otherwise than as warranted. Shin-Etsu Silicones, Inc. will not be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Suggestions of uses should not be taken as inducements to infringe any patents.