KBE-1003 is a silane coupling agent which acts as an intermediary which bonds inorganic materials to organic materials. KBE-1003 can be used to improve interface adhesion and mechanical strength of composites through treatment of organic or inorganic surfaces.
- Ethoxy functionalized: Reacts with inorganic substrate more slowly than methoxy groups.
- KBE-1003 is compatible with unsaturated polyester resins, sulfur cross-linked EPM and peroxide crosslinked EPDM. It is very effective when used with PE or PP resins.
- Improve inorganic/organic substrate adhesion
- Improve mechanical strength of composite materials
- Inorganic surface modification (Vinyl functional group)
- Particularly effective when used for treatment of polyethylene or polypropylene surfaces
UN Hazard Classification
Product type (taxonomy term)
Vinyl Silane Coupling Agent
Note: Values are not for specification purposes.
Warranty- The information and data contained herein are believed to be accurate and reliable; however it is the user's responsibility to determine suitability of use.
Since Shin-Etsu Silicones, Inc. cannot know all of the uses to which its products may be put or the conditions of use, it makes no warranties concerning the fitness or suitability of its products for a particular use or purpose. You should thoroughly test any proposed use of our products and independently conclude satisfactory performance in your application. Likewise, if the manner in which our products are used requires governmental approval or clearance, you must obtain it. Shin-Etsu Silicones, Inc. warrants only that its products will meet its specifications. There is no warranty of merchantability of fitness of use, nor any other expressed or implied warranties. The user's exclusive remedy and Shin-Etsu Silicones, Inc.'s sole liability is limited to refund of the price or replacement of any product shown to be otherwise than as warranted. Shin-Etsu Silicones, Inc. will not be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Suggestions of uses should not be taken as inducements to infringe any patents.